Whether you’re celebrating a birthday with your favorite popcorn lover, or are simply looking for a sweet summer snack that the whole family will love, why not give this delicious birthday cake batter popcorn recipe a try? The recipe is based on one found on Tasty Kitchen and we think it would work great with our TenderPop Hulless Popcorn. Or, if you want larger pieces, make it with our Mushroom Popcorn kernels. With just five ingredients and quick, simple steps to follow, you’ll be an expert birthday baker in no time!
Birthday Cake Batter Popcorn Recipe
1 ½ cups white chocolate or almond bark
¼ cup white coconut oil
1 to 1½ cups white or yellow cake mix (your choice!)
6 cups freshly popped Mushroom Popcorn or Hulless Popcorn
¼ cup sprinkles
- Melt your white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time until smooth.
- Add the coconut oil to the melted chocolate and stir through until melted. You can pop it back in the microwave for a few seconds if you need to, but this isn’t always necessary.
- Stir the cake mix through the chocolate and oil mixture until fully combined.
- Pour the cake batter coating over the popcorn and toss until the flakes are evenly coated.
- *Spread the popcorn out across lined cookie sheets to set, and sprinkle immediately with your choice of colorful sprinkles.
- Wait for the coating to harden, and then crack into pieces and enjoy!
*OR – shape into popcorn balls and use as great looking and delicious favors.
Have you got any birthday themed popcorn recipes in your collection? We’d love to give them a try – share them with us in the comments section below!